Wednesday, January 17, 2007

Pecking

Here it is, more than two weeks into 2007 and I haven't finished reading a single book yet. I'm really slacking. Granted, I started reading George R.R. Martin's A Storm of Swords, which is slightly shorter than Tolstoy's entire catalogue; but I'm only a third of the way through it. However, I am 80 pages away from finishing The Langoliers, the 250-page novella from Stephen King's Four Past Midnight.

Other books I've been pecking through since the beginning of the year:
No Good Deeds by Laura Lippman
The Fallen by T. Jefferson Parker
The Best Awful by Carrie Fisher
World War Z by Max Brooks

I guess I'm waiting for that gravitational pull a reader gets that compels them to focus on one book. I tend to do this a lot. I have no doubt that I'll finish all of the books above, but they're all in a holding pattern at the moment.

Of course, I have been watching a hell of a lot more TV lately - that may have something to do with it.

1 comment:

pattinase (abbott) said...

I am reading Bad Haircut by Tom Perrotta. The Cleanup by Sean Doolittle, and The Barbarians Are Coming by David Wong Louie (for my book group). I have picked up and discarded a dozen other books in the last two weeks.