Sunday, December 02, 2007

Snow Day - For or Against?

So, supposedly we're getting about a foot of snow starting in a few hours and lasting throughout the day and into tomorrow night. This is good and bad, depending on a few things. If the University cancels classes tomorrow morning, then I get to sleep in, at least a little bit; this also means I'll have some time to maybe, possibly do some actual writing this week. I would love to finish this damn book by the end of the month; it may be a tad ambitious, but it's doable. However, since I have to shovel the driveway (which always looks a hell of a lot longer in the winter), that's going to take some time out of my writing schedule. And even if the University doesn't cancel classes, I still have to shovel. Man, I hate winter.


Best quote of the week:

"I love being the goddamn Batman." - Issue 5, All-Star Batman and Robin by Frank Miller

1 comment:

Christa M. Miller said...

Well, I like snow days because the hubster doesn't have to go to work, so he's around to help with the boys, who were absolutely insane today. (I'm not looking forward to the probably-not-snow-day tomorrow.) On the other hand, I got about two sentences, myself, between shoveling and the Insane Brothers. Still: better than having been alone.