Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Something's Working Right

So, over the past six days I have written close to 14,000 words and Jesus, does it feel good. The thing I'm working on now is just flowing. I set a goal for myself of reaching 22,500 words by the time I leave for Noircon next Thursday and I'm just 8500 words shy of reaching it. If I continue at the rate I'm going, which would be a miracle, I'll have over 32,000 words of a first draft.

I'm just waiting for life to throw something in my way. It's gonna come any minute now. Usually happens about the time I pick up speed on something. Any time now...

2 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

Great you've been able to take advantage of a good time in your life. Have fun at noircon. Have a cheesesteak for me.

Josephine Damian said...

It's Murphy's law for writers! Just when you get in the groove, it's either a sudden house or car repair that needs immediate attention or the computer fails/explodes/catches a virus.