Tuesday, April 01, 2008

Day Off

I took Monday off from writing. After hitting an astronomical word count in less than two weeks, I needed to back away for a little bit. And I'm glad I did. I think what I've written so far on my lunch break is pretty good - not incredible, final draft good; but good just the same. I don't think I would have written as well if I was just pushing on because of where in the story I am. This is an emotional place, which is no place for an exhausted writer.

I have three more days before my first two weeks are up and I've already surpassed my goal. Friday starts a new two-week cycle, but I'll be in Philly over the weekend so I don't know how much I'll write. Man, I can't wait to find out where this manuscript will take me.

1 comment:

pattinase (abbott) said...

Have fun. I'm sad not to be there too.