Tuesday, March 27, 2007

If There's a Hell Below, I'll Still Be in the Anthology

Well, since other people have already spread the news before I could, I might as well as announce it here. My short story If There's a Hell Below, We're All Gonna Go will appear in The Best of Thuglit - Volume 1. I received the contract in the mail last night. It was a huge surprise when Big Daddy Thug e-mailed me the news about the book. I couldn't be happier.

For those who don't know, If There's a Hell Below, We're All Gonna Go is a noir piece set in New Orleans after the destruction of Hurricane Katrina. It was my little metophorical commentary on the shameful ignorance of the powers-that-shouldn't-be to the tragedy people had to go through - but with guns and a meat cleaver!

I can't wait for this anthology to come out next Spring. Yeah, we have to wait a year, but it is so going to be worth it.

7 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

Many congrats. Can't wait to read the whole book.

Sandra Ruttan said...

Congratulations Steve! Fantastic news.

Anonymous said...

Yeah, sorry about that. I'm shit at keeping secrets. Congrats!

Patrick Shawn Bagley said...

"It was my little metophorical commentary..."

That's why Bryon calls you Mr. MFA.

I'm not good at keeping secrets either, but I AM good at eating pancakes.

Christa M. Miller said...

That must be an amazing feeling. Congratulations (again)!

Steve Allan said...

Thanks, guys. It's turned out to be a really really stressful and sad day for me, so I really appreciate it.

Daniel Hatadi said...

That's very cool news, Steve. Congrats!