Wednesday, February 07, 2007

I'm Such a Geek


I should be ashamed of myself. I went out at midnight last night so I could pick up a copy of Stephen King's Dark Tower comic book. Comic shops around the country opened early this morning so dorks like me could rush out in sub-zero weather just to get their hands on this comic.

OK, the book is fantastic, but it's no excuse for running out in the middle of the night. The last time I did something this geeky was when I spent a day waiting in line for advanced tickets for The Phantom Menace. I'm glad I wasn't disappoint with the results of my nerdness this time.

My wife made fun of me a little bit because I went out, but she already has July 21 blocked out (I think I have to take the kids away for the day) so she can sit with a friend of hers and read the last Harry Potter book, front to back. I stopped at the third one - aren't they just the same book told over and over? But as much as I kid her about it, I can totally understand. And don't get me wrong, my wife is no where near as geeky as I am. Her only geek type activity revolves around Potter and the Lord of the Rings movies (but most of her Tolkein attention is focused on Viggo).

But I have found myself reading comic books again. The Dark Tower book is not the only one I've been reading. I've also been reading Preacher, Fell, 100 Bullets, Hellblazer, The Walking Dead, and a few others. I've also started my son on Spider-Man and Superman, which he loves.

So, I guess I'll embrace my nerdish side. There's no denying it. Say it loud and say it proud:I'm a geek, and always will be.

No comments: