Sunday, September 09, 2007

Can't Blog, Too Busy

So, my computer finally came last week and I've been playing ever since - mostly filling up the new ipod that came with the imac. However, there are a few snags. The hard drive enclosure I bought for the HD I took from the gut of the last mac disn't come with the right connector cable and I had to special order an adapter so it will fit a USB port. And I discovered that I can't find my copy of Microsoft office, so even if I could get to my old files, I wouldn't be able to do anything with them. So, no writing this weekend, again. I'm really really itchy to get back at it. Hopefully I'll take off like a rocket when I'm finally able to write again. In the meantime I have 30 GBs to fill up.

4 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

Boy does this sound familiar. Technology is sucking the life out of us.

Stephen Blackmoore said...

Though I've never used it (I'm a PC guy) my wife has Scrivener and loves it.

http://www.literatureandlatte.com/scrivener.html

If you're at all a visual storyboarding kind of guy it seems pretty amazing.

Christa M. Miller said...

Can you install OpenOffice?

Victor Gischler said...

Isn't there some Scottish guy in the engine room who can help you? (He'll claim it'll take 24 hours, but he really means 12.)

Victor