Wednesday, December 12, 2007

I Can't Believe I Missed This Anniversary

The Commodore 64 turned 25 on Monday. I feel like there should be some national holiday or something. I wrote my first stories on my Commodore - stories lost to history on some 5 1/4" floppies that are probably rotting away in some landfill. So, the world won't really suffer without such horrid pieces of fiction, and no, the dot matrix printouts didn't survive either. I guess there are some sites online where you can still play ZORK, of which I completed just about every game, and One on One: Dr. J vs. Larry Bird.

Wow. Look at those awesome graphics.


World of Warcraft can never compete with the greatness of ZORK.

2 comments:

Lyman Feero said...

I hate you C64 people. My parents thought they were doing me a favor by buying me a Trash80. I'm not bitter.. no not at all...

Steve Allan said...

Big Radio Shack fan, I see.