Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Bad Boy

I did it. I told myself not to do it, but I did it anyway. I went back to page one and read the manuscript I'm working on before finishing it. Good idea? Bad idea? I can't say right now. I was pleased with what I read, even though I had to figure out some sentences that were horribly written or contained words that were creatively spelled. And there was one place where a character gets hit by a car and then miraculously comes back to life without a scratch on him, or any mention that an accident even happened. Some how I put the Terminator in there and didn't even realize it.

One conclusion I did make was that rewrite is going to suck. I was very good in that I didn't correct anything, I didn't add or delete and I didn't scratch any notes in the margins. I left it alone.

Now I have to charge into the last act and bring this puppy to a close... but I'm writing this instead. So goes the life of the procrastinating writer.

1 comment:

pattinase (abbott) said...

I love rewriting. If only someone else would write the first draft...