Monday, November 17, 2008

Crimebake

So, I went to Crimebake this past weekend. It's only the second conference I've attended; the first being Noircon in April. I'm getting better at these things. I made a few more contacts, had a publisher interested in seeing my novel, caught up with friends (including a dear friend from high school I hadn't seen in about 12 years). Oh, and I signed some books - for strangers! These people weren't related to me at all, and they still wanted me to sign their books. They felt no obligation. I think I signed about 30 books in all. How fucking cool is that? Very fucking cool.

So, yes, my story Some Things Can Never Be the Same has been published in Level Best Books' latest anthology, Deadfall, and the book is available right now.

And I got recognized by a few people, and not in a police lineup sort of way, but in a "I like your stories" sort of way. They may have been polite in saying it, but hell, I'll take it.

4 comments:

Stephen D. Rogers said...

What? You were there? I never saw anybody wearing a tag with your name!

pattinase (abbott) said...

A dead friend from high school. Did I read that right or you into otherworldly meetings?

Steve Allan said...

I meant dear friend. I don't think I needed to go to Massachusetts to have a seance. (I changed my typo).

Yes, I was there. My name tag was probably hanging backwards or something.

Sandra Ruttan said...

A dead friend - HA! I'm glad Patti immortalized that slip of the finger.

Congrats on the anthology.