Thursday, July 12, 2007

When Big Brother Gets Bored

So, every once and a while I'll check my visitors stats and see where my readers are from. Looking at this I realized that a lot of people spell David Copperfield's name wrong. How do I know this? Because I posted something about Copperfield a year and a half ago - and I spelt his name wrong. Oops. Since then I get about ten people a month searching for "David Cooperfield". These people are my biggest readers.

Now the coolest thing I check is Google's Analytics which has a map showing where your readers are from. It highlights all the countries represented, as well as breaks down all of the states in the US. But the US isn't entirely filled in. Most of the states are there, but I've failed to bring in readers from 19. So, I'm starting a push to gain at least one reader from each of those states.

Here is the list (in no particular order):
Alaska
Hawaii
Idaho
Alabama
South Carolina
Oregon
New Mexico
Utah
Tennesse
Rhode Island
Delaware
West Virginia
North Dakota
South Dakota
Nebraska
Wyoming
Arkansas
Ohio
Iowa

If you know someone in any (or all) of those states, tell them to stop by so I can collect their states. In the meantime, I'm going to post something about each state I don't have - but somehow relate it to writing or crime fiction. Let's see if it works. If it does, then I'll start on other countries. Wish me luck.

3 comments:

pattinase (abbott) said...

I'm going to RI next week, shall I comment from there or would you rather wait from a real RIer.

Steve Allan said...

I'll count that.

Faith said...

Alaska here - you can cross us off the list. But I was looking forward to what you'd write about my state? Ok, I'm really a Mainer but have lived up here for ages. So there ya go.

Say hi to David Cooperfield.