Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Back In the Saddle

Took some time off. Feeling rested. Actually had to force myself not to write a couple of times. I only checked the e-mail and glanced at various websites for short periods of time. Read a few books: Gun Monkeys by Victor Gischler (fucking brilliant); A Field of Darkness by Cornelia Read (what a wonderful protagonist); Winter's End by John Rickards (awesome setting - considering it's in Maine); and Brighton Rock by Graham Greene (is there anyone better?). I also watched the greatest movie ever: Raiders of the Lost Ark. Also got a haircut. Now, I have to get back at it. Already looked over a short story I had started last week. I have a pretty good idea how I'm going to change it since I didn't quite like the ending I had originally thought of. Then onto revisions of the thesis. Originally the end of last week and this past weekend were scheduled to be revision time, but since I was under the weather and needed to rest, it was all pushed back on the calendar. No biggie I guess.

Goals for the week:

1. Finish revisions of thesis
2. Write bullshit introduction to said thesis. Also bullshit bibliography, heartfelt acknowledgements.
3. Finish the first drafts on the two short stories I have going right now.
4. Maybe write another flash fiction piece.
5. Try not to burn candle at both ends.
6. No seizures.

1 comment:

Sandra Ruttan said...

Glad you took some time for some r&r.