Friday, October 20, 2006

Sacrificing for My Art


I haven't taken a shower yet, but that isn't the sacrifice. No, that's more of a waiting for the baby to go to sleep long enough for me to jump in the shower. I have a character in a new short story (because I wouldn't want to finish anything I've started) who is a little hygiene deficient and I needed an honest description of his...aroma, shall we say. So, I did a Mary Katherine Gallagher. Very method. To my surprise, it didn't smell like roses.

2 comments:

Patrick Shawn Bagley said...

Now you know why I never sat next to you in workshops.

Lyman Feero said...

Method Writing.... It's going to be the title of my revised class. Day one... firing handguns... day four, five and six, creating the smell of a hobo. (What smells like cheese?)