Saturday, June 30, 2007

No Restraint

I don't know what's up with me lately, but I can't seem to tell a story within 6000 words anymore. I've been going backand forth between two stories this week - and they've both broken the 5000 word barrier, and neither is close to finished. (And now that I look at it, 10,000 words within the past week is pretty friggin' sweet.) I know that these are both in the first draft stage, but I have a habit to add in the re-writing stages. Is this my sub-conscious telling me it's time to get back to novel writing and forget about shorts for a while? It's funny to think that I sometimes had trouble coming up with a decent word count for a flash fiction piece.

So, I'll continue with both stories this weekend and hopefully finish them both; then I can go back and see what I can do with them. Wish me luck.

No comments: